Friday, July 14, 2006

SE7EN
Sloth, Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Pride, Envy, Anger


The First Agreement: Be impeccable with your word

We use the word to spread our personal poison – to express anger, jealousy, envy, and hate.

If we become impeccable with our word, any emotional poison will eventually be cleaned from our mind and from our communication in our personal relationships.



This negativity that permeated through me all of yesterday and manifested itself in the destruction of emotional equanimity and mental discrimination and unconscious actions can only be attributed to this. The destructive power of my thoughts and words when not used with impeccability.

I want to spread my emotional poison then, since that is the only way that I can defend the false perception of reality created by the untruthful word. My position and my actions and my thoughts have to be rationalized and protected. The ego knows that this is the only way that it can defend the inauthentic word or thought. And so, rather than creating and nurturing, I use more words and more thoughts to diminish and destroy.

I express anger rather than simply state my concern; I feel jealousy rather than allow the release of emotional possessiveness; I feel envy rather than happiness and support for others achievements; I feel hate rather than allowing the release of self-righteousness and the feeling of being a victim.

And this is the emotional poison that gathers and grows with inauthentic thoughts and words. It accumulates and then is expressed and spreads more hurt and pain in all my relationships. Especially in my relationship with myself.

Witness the truth of the moment. And then act and feel and think and say. It will always lead to personal freedom.