Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Moving Energy

“Our expectation itself causes our energy to flow out into the world and affect other energy systems.”

All around me there is ample evidence of it…I may be blinded to it but I’m never not in it. All the people walking past, running around, milling about, doing, saying, fighting, stressing, all exchanging energy. I consume some and then expend some, I feel re-energized and then de-energized. It’s all a play of the forces of the universe taking form and shape and then dissolving into nothing and then reshaping and reforming into something else.


“The perception of this energy begins with a heightened sensitivity to beauty.”

Energy in London is different than in San Francisco – that’s a fact. I can’t help comparing the two and then I also relate and rate one against the other. Not an entirely healthy process, I know, but nevertheless, entirely human. Can I not, instead of thinking of ‘my life in san francisco’ and ‘my life in london’…just think of my life…anywhere and everywhere? Why this need to compare this moment with another possible, plausible but entirely impossible moment? Impossible because it can never happen in this moment….in this Now. Why this need to search for the perfect moment which always seems to be somewhere else, with someone else, doing something else? Can I, as I related to life in the present completely accept that this is the only possibility for perfection in my life? That not only is it the only possibility, it already is?


“Maybe we can make some events come faster – or slower – depending on how we think.”

This thing which started off as nervous anxiety…. To finish…finish this task has metamorphosed into a meditative journey of challenge and fun. I want the new moon to come faster to get this over with…and then I want it to come slower since I’m not done with my quotes! I haven’t been able to set my broadband connection and so feel guilty for not having had my weekly session. I want this week to finish quickly so I can enjoy the long weekend in London and make a trip to Brussels for my birthday! And then I don’t want the weekend to come just yet since I know that I’ll then be crossing the line – another birthday …another year another loss..another gain.

I am, however, perhaps for the first time after crossing the ocean and moving to another continent, enjoying this process of staying connected, building consensus and sharing energy with the group.

Peace and joy!