Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Trees






Trees are what I notice the most now. The varying shades of greens and the movement from one end to another, a sway that is unpretentious. It's simply there. The branches seem to hold on to the leaves in weary affection. They’ve been supporting the wild ones for so long, and listening to the grumblings of the roots from the underground. They remind me of grandparents, parents and children. A kind of damned if you do damned if you don’t way of life for them branches. Maybe that is really why it is called a family tree. Yes, of course it is, I guess I only realized it now - duh!

So, yes, trees. And flavors of food. Every morsel somehow seems to exude multiple flavors. I can taste on every square millimeter of my tongue as they explode. It is definitely a fantastic sensation.